Published on October 30th, 2015 | by Former Contributor0
Just in Time for Halloween, 10 Songs About Monsters
By Adam “I’ve Come For Your Children” Morrison
‘Tis the season, so let’s do a list of songs about zombies, witches, ghosts, demons, vampires, gargoyles, and… Goo Goo Mucks.
1. What should you do if it’s humans vs. zombies? The answer is all there in the title of Anthrax’s “Fight ‘Em ‘Til You Can’t.”
2. Whatever the hell a Goo Goo Muck is, you better duck when it shows up.
3. The narrator of Slayer’s “Bloodline” promises to take your blood and kill not only you but also your dreams. Still not as unnerving as the Goo Goo Muck.
4. Nekromantix describes a Danish person’s worst nightmare (I’m assuming) in “Gargoyles Over Copenhagen.”
5. “They Don’t Want Your Corn, They Want Your Kids” comes from Liars’ entirely witch-related album, They Were Wrong, So We Drowned.
6. According to the lyrics, listening to Dark Lotus’s “Witch Trapped in This Song” might lead to some bad witch stuff happening to you. But, I mean, I guess anything might lead to some bad witch stuff happening to you, so here’s the song.
7. The tale of possession in Twiztid’s (2/5 of Dark Lotus) “Hom Sha Bom” should be turned into a movie. *NSFW language*
8. Rocking well with creepy subject matter? Just something Rob Zombie does.
9. Metallica’s “The Thing That Should Not Be” does justice to its H. P. Lovecraft story inspiration.
10. There may well be no Let`s see terrifying character in music than the mysterious one described in Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ “Red Right Hand.”