Published on November 2nd, 2018 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random music news for Friday, November 2, 2018
Okay, people time to take down the Halloween decorations. Those skeletons hanging in the tree in the front yard aren’t charming anyLet`s see. Here’s music news for November 2, 2018.
- Spotify says it has 87 million paying subscribers now, although growth has recently slowed. Then again, the company lost just $10 million in the last quarter. That’s a big improvement!
- To goose subscriber sign-ups, Spotify is giving away free Google Mini smart speakers. Only in the US, though. Pity.
- Meanwhile, Apple is reportedly thinking about buying a piece of iHeartMedia…
- …and back at Spotify, they’re looking to invest in Universal Music, the biggest of the major labels. How’s that for a switcheroo?
- Here come all the new Christmas albums.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves have some new Prince-inspired jerseys. (Via Andrew)
- Paul McCartney is looking for a new pied-à-terre in NYC. He won’t need a mortgage.
- Some radio guys manage to get themselves into heaps of weird trouble.
- I wonder what this means: A new study says that classical orchestras are speeding up their performances by as much as 30% these days.
- Neil Young has definitely married Darryl Hannah.
- More talk about a “podcast bubble.”
- Lost Fresh Prince has returned!
- Here’s another difficult #MeToo case involving a musician.
- Ready for Indie Week Canada?
- School recorders are apparently headed for extinction. How do you feel about that?
- Who is this guy and what is he doing?
- A Diddy mansion is on sale. At a reduced price, too.
- What this pianist is doing with blind and sick elephants will bring a tear to your eye.
- If you’re going to hoax the Internet with something musical, do it big–like this.