Published on June 7th, 2018 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random music news for Thursday, June 7, 2018
The death of Kate Spade is really bothering me. As with Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington, we have no idea who might be suffering terribly. As for music news on June 7, 2018.
- Canadian music sales vs. last year at this time: Total albums, -18.9%; digital albums, -23.1%; CDs, -20.8%; physical albums, -16.1%; vinyl, +68.9%(!!!); streaming, +54%.
- Sonos has a new all-in-one smart speaker called . Looks cool.
- Bonarroo this year for a very good reason. Free underwear for all!
- Blues star Billie Holiday is going to get the from Lee Daniels.
- Spotify sent the FCC some paperwork that seems to indicate that it’s working on . A smart speaker?
- Speaking of Spotify, with their “hateful content” policy?
- says that streaming revenues will completely dominant by 2022. And radio revenues will also continue to rise.
- Apparently, animals are all around us. What are they talking about?
- Let’s call this the “Eye of the Tiger” .
- Speaking of legal action, this dance artist is annoyed that his ex-management company is redirecting his old domain .
- The BBC is closing their storied Maida Vale location. Some were made there.
- Facebook has that goes right after Musical.ly that includes lip syncing. And .
- Dave Grohl says that Nirvana was “.” Maybe, except for the way it ended. (Via Tom)
- A good and necessary Pride Month conversation: The problems of .
- Have a pair of Apple AirPods? Here’s that we’ll soon be able to use.
- The goal of this New Zealand radio station is to .
- Green Day’s is now available for sale.
- Music continues to have an enormous . It needs fixing. Now.
- The house Jagged Little Pill helped build is .
- Are these the most of all time?
- Opera and classical music companies are being in the UK.