Published on December 4th, 2018 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random music news for Tuesday, December 4, 2018
I understand why people back into parking spaces at the mall, but when it’s crowded and busy during the holiday shopping season–well, I think you know where I’m going with this. Meanwhile, in music news for December 4, 2018…
- Weekly Canadian music sales and streams from last week vs. this time in 2017: Total albums, -22.1%; digital albums, -19.6%; digital tracks, -23.15%; physical albums, -23.6%; CDs, -27.2%; vinyl albums, +25.4%; audio streams, +38.5% (1.260 billion on-demand audio streams last week).
- Still with Canadian music sales, vinyl LPs are up 54% from last week (40,200 copies vs. 26,100). It looks like it’s going to be a really good season for vinyl.
- The REAL story behind David Bowie’s famous Ziggy Stardust haircut .
- The Grammy nominations announcement has been to accommodate the memorial service for George H.W. Bush.
- Ever wonder where the term “420” really came from? And no, it has nothing to do with Bob Marley. But there may be a Grateful Dead connection. The story .
- Yes, people still .
- Want a piece of Frank Sinatra? There’s an happening.
- A fan at a Bring Me the Horizon Show. The investigation continues.
- A lot of acts are being pressured to any gigs they’ve got booked in Saudi Arabia.
- It appears that may soon appear on iPhones.
- Muhammad Ali, . You read that correctly.
- Here’s how the music industry is classical music.
- This looks like it might be an interesting book: .
- This just turned 35. Note the number of views and comments.
- Here’s your: Ozzy/Marvin Gaye & Tammy Terrell/The Four Tops. (Via Tom)
- Argue over this: the in the world today.
- Bono has a in Chicago coming up where he’ll talk about the war on AIDS in Africa,
- There’s a new in the works.
- These have caused this German couple to slip into depression.
- The BBC had a chance to sit down with Muse for an .
- China’s Tencent has a $1.2 billion US IPO.
- “Phones at gigs can be annoying – but they must never be banned.” .