Published on June 12th, 2018 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random music news for Tuesday, June 12, 2018
I have an assignment today that involves drinking wine. Hey, someone’s gotta do these things. Best get in all the music news for June 12, 2018, that I can before then.
- Canadian music sales vs. this time last year: Total albums, -18.2%; CDs, -19.8%; digital albums, -22.9%; physical albums, -15.1%; digital tracks, -21.5%; vinyl, +69.9%(!!!); streaming, +53.3% with 1.103 billion streams last week.
- Avicii’s has been released.
- Another band thinks that rock music needs to “.” (Via Steve)
- Robbie Williams will at the opening game of the World Cup in Russia later this week.
- Interesting that Kanye’s Ye album sold just 84,000 physical copies on its way to #1 on the Soundscan album charts. Still, that’s probably a good number given how much Kanye’s audience streams.
- Alanis Morissette would like to to all her past boyfriends.
- Lily Allen (sing) about Piers Morgan.
- America: .
- It’s the .
- What does Anthony Bourdain’s death have to do with radio? If you’re radio consultant Fred Jacobs, .
- And Bourdain also had some .
- Speaking of radio, how do you feel about ? Is it as finicky as mine? And don’t get me started on what we have in The Wife’s Honda…
- Amazon has to stream Premier League games. Interesting.
- And now IKEA has introduced in partnership with Sonos.
- Older rock stars are still selling tons of concert tickets. .
- China has . (From Steve again)
- Looking to buy some rock’n’roll real estate? .
- Is Google about to launch a podcast app? Maybe.