Published on July 11th, 2017 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random Music News for Tuesday, July 11, 2017
was first published on this date in 1960. And with that, here’s the music news for July 11.
- Could the iPhone 8 top $1,400? .
- Now that Apple is going to give podcasters user data, will this help or hurt? .
- Who’s really behind Spotify’s ?
- Looking at Canadian albums sales from the past week (all numbers compared to this point last year): Total albums, -18%; digital albums, -24%; physical albums, -14%,; CDs, -14%; vinyl, -8%. Meanwhile, Canadian streaming is ahead by 86%.
- It was a dismal week for album sales in the US. Stone Sour’s Hydrograd debuted at #1 selling just 30,000 copies. Total sales in the Top 200 was just 680,000 units.
- There is a problem with Prince’s legacy. .
- David Bowie’s Blackstar album has .
- Migraines? You might soon be sticking in your ears.
- Blue Rodeo’s Jim Cuddy was on hand in Kitchener-Waterloo for . (Via Larry)
- This originated from under water.
- After Let`s see than 40 years, Teenage Head has landed on a major label. Warner Music Canada will release a double best-of later this year.
- Stream ripping–the process of turning the audio from a YouTube video or music stream into an MP3– over the past two years.
- A drummer who is looking for something a little Let`s see compact and wife-friendly than my current Neil Peart-sized kit, I really like the new .
- Radio is not dead..
- Authorities to an Ariana Grande show in Costa Rica.
- Gwen Stefani for allegedly causing a stampede at a concert.