Published on October 17th, 2017 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random Music News for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Albert Einstein got the hell out of dodge when he fled Nazi Germany for the US on this day in 1933. And here’s some music news for October 17.
- Now that the Harvey Weinstein scandal as broken wide open, people have begun to expose .
- Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum, Dave Grohl continues to foster his reputation as ™.
- Here are the Canadian music sales numbers for the last week vs. last year: Total album sales, -16.7%; CDs, -13%; digital albums, -23.6%; vinyl, +18%; streaming, +79%.
- It was another bad week for physical music sales in the US. NF’s Perception debuted at #1 by selling 38,000 copies. If you were wondering about Liam Gallagher, his solo album entered the US SoundScan charts at #7 with 16,000 units sold. Compare that to the 100,000+ sold in the UK.
- Marilyn Manson on Justin Bieber: “.”
- Here’s at the future of Canadian music journalism.
- Iggy Pop on what it’s like to transition to a career .
- Music Heals is a Vancouver charity that (as you might guess from their name) promotes the use of music for various kinds of therapy. Read about them .
- FKA Twigs is going to launch a new magazine–.
- More on .
- There’s a new that is helping hundreds in the UK.
- A bit harsh, but I see what they’re saying: “.”
- Iron Maiden’s Eddie is going to be repurposed into .
- Wanna buy Elvis’ infamous ?
- Bill Murray has made his. Wait–what?