Published on September 12th, 2017 | by Jon Bunnies0
Random Music News for Tuesday, September 12, 2017
It’s new iPhone day. The reality distortion field has been switched on in an effort . And now, the music news for September 12.
- Even before the iPhone 8 was announced, outside a store.
- Ticketmaster says that as a result of its “Verified Fan” program, rather than bots.
- Here are the weekly Canadian music sales and streaming numbers vs. a year ago: Total albums, -17.2%; digital albums, -24.3%; physical albums, -11.9%; CDs, -13.1%; vinyl, +11%; streaming, +80.7%.
- LCD Soundsystem’s American Dream sold 81,000 physical copies in the US last week (15,000 of those on vinyl), good for the #1 spot on Soundscan. The #2 album, the latest Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack sold just 14,000. Wow.
- What’s the future of WayHome? Organizers right now.
- It’s like the music industry is in the US.
- The Juggalos are getting ready to this Saturday. This is gonna be interesting…
- Are you a superfan? might get you closer to the artists you like the most.
- The University of Waterloo has come up with some that knows when you’re driving and not supposed to be texting.
- Chavril, . Briefly.
- It’s possible that the artwork of Morrissey’s new album with some retailers in the UK.
- If you really, really, REALLY like King Crimson, they’ve got for you.
- A Canadian poet has been accused of plagiarizing…
- A music festival murder? .
- What does Win Butler of Arcade Fire know about arcade games? .
- Turns out that Ed Sheeran is .
- Some British churches are being turned into .
- Here’s what some experts are about the rise of smart speakers.
- Want to play Canadian Music Week in 2018? !